Item never arrived rip

I ordered the project Diva remote that came out a while ago and figured with the covid-19 it was delayed but it worries me that i haven’t received any emails about covid or even about the tracking number. Im not getting anything back from the emails i sent. Does anyone have any advice?

My advice would be to contact your bank and report it as a scam and try to get your money back also contact what even organisation deals with businesses I think in the US its Better Business as very time I come back to these forums after a break away there is always someone complaining that they never heard anything from the staff of the site so you are not alone.

I hope you can get your money back, next time try playasia? I think any other place is better than buying from on this site.

Hi there~

Actually we’re all here, the actual channel to reach out to the staff behind the store is through the link below:
Nintendo Soup Store Contact Form
If your enquiries were sent through other methods, they could have been missed.
Hope this helps!

That link is useless I have talked to a few people on here and given them that link and they never got a reply it is the stores job to contact the people who buy from them in regards to their orders actually do some customer service and communicate with buyers.

I suggest no one buys from the NintendoSoup store and if they want to buy something which is a special edition in only one country like Japan use Amazon Japan to buy it as they do International shipping and respond to customers when they have an issue