Hi, I'm Iggy!

Hello everyone, I’m Iggy!

Looks like I’d be the first member to introduce myself. I’m the Editor-in-Chief and founder of NintendoSoup, a Nintendo news site @nitro and I started in 2017.

My first Nintendo console is a Nintendo DS Lite I bought in 2008. The reason? To play New Super Mario Bros. This might be shocking, but yes, I started off quite late.

Some of my favorite games include Daigasso! Band Brothers P, Momotaro Dentetsu: Tachiagare Nippon 2017, Fire Emblem Fates, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and Super Mario Odyssey. There are many more but these are some of my favorites.

Recently, I’ve been playing Tetris 99 and Billion Road on Nintendo Switch. Both games are super addictive.

And that’s all I have to say. It’s time for you to introduce yourself and ask me questions. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think you know me well enough, I usually don’t ask or probe but some things about your introduction is just so interesting!

1. The games you’re playing now are not really AAA titles or something like that. What do you see in these much simpler and grounded games?

2. How’s the DS lite doing? My GBA is waiting to kickback to life, all I need to do is find a charger.

I think we’ll all want to know also how did you even find out about Mario, and starting your Nintendo Journey.

Good questions!

1. I was pestered to play Tetris 99 by a few friends. I immediately became hooked. I loved Tetris since I was a child (my first experience with Tetris was a bootleg game device), so it’s natural for me to try out Tetris 99.

As for Billion Road… well I don’t think I could call it a simple game. It’s a very Japanese, Monopoly-like party game. Basically you go around Japan buying companies, and your goal is to reach the goal, a place on the map (the goal is reset every time someone reaches it first, the person furthest from the goal is punished by having an evil monster stalking them in the next round). There’s some level of strategy involved with the things you can do (the items you get, the monsters, and all). Billion Road is considered to be a spiritual successor to Konami’s Momotaru Dentetsu, so I decided to give it a try. I still prefer Momotaro Dentetsu though - there are more Japanese cultural references, it’s easier to abuse items, and I love the music.

So I would say that my taste in video games is kind of different from most people. I just buy a game that I feel strongly attracted to. The genre doesn’t matter.

1. I have absolutely no idea… the last time I switched it on is probably over 5 years. My American New 3DS XL isn’t in really good condition (the power button is faulty), and I’m not too sure how my Japanese New 3DS is holding up.

I’ll answer your other questions next time!

Thanks for the great website guys. Love the layout and the content, which is always pretty unique and different than other Nintendo websites.

Glad that you started the forums. I love contributing to and meeting people on the websites I frequent. Really looking forward to some great conversations. I’ll be here a lot to try to do all I can to help get the forums going full speed!

Your website is probably the cleanest out of all Nintendo news outlets. Thanks for putting this together!

Thank you for your kind words Dysnomia! I’ll pass them over to the team, they will greatly appreciate it. :smiley:

Hope to see you around!

Thanks Craklyn! Please have a great time!

Ola! Tetris 99 is like a drug addiction lol. However Yoshi’s Crafted World has been a great cute distraction

Yes I have to mentally tell myself to stop playing or else I can’t get any work done.