Expectations for Dr. Mario World and Mario Kart Tour?

Hello everyone! (Sorry for my grammar; English isn’t my main language :P)
I’m pretty busy most of the time and play mobile games the most. However, I love Super Mario games and I’m extremely (and worryingly) fond of them. When I heard announcements for two mobile Mario games, it surprised me, but I’m not very good at imagining what games would be like.
So… What are your expectations for Dr. Mario World and Mario Kart Tour? Will they be good games or will they fail?
(I think those are the correct names)

I think it’s going to be interesting how they do Mario Kart Tour. Will these be full tracks or will they be shorter in terms of size and number of laps?

The aim of all Nintendo mobile games is to then convert players from mobile to Switch so it’ll be interesting to see how they try and do that.

I’d love it if they gave us new DLC for Mario Kart 8 alongside this new mobile game.

Hi there!

Looking at the games LINE has churned out, I’m expecting Dr. Mario World to be something similar to this:

So basically a reskin of the current puzzle games out there by LINE.

As for Mario Kart Tour… I would imagine it as a game with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe/Mario Kart Wii graphics but with tracks from the older games like Super Mario Kart or Mario Kart 64. And there would be a lot of in game purchases. Mario Kart Tour is probably going to be the most surprising out of all the upcoming games.

I think the Super Mario Run is like a learning lesson for Nintendo. What I hope for them is that they now understand how mobile gaming work. I think they have learnt a bit with the Animal crossing mobile game but, but as a whole I still worry for them a little.

Still, I’m looking forward to Mario Kart Tour, it is after all a Mario Kart game and I can’t really recall a bad Mario kart game.

I think Nintendo knows how to make great games, they just need to know the mobile demographics.

I can’t wait to see how Mario Kart Tour will turn out. But I just have a feeling it’ll be a watered down version of what we have on the consoles. Could even turn out to be similar to Mario Kart Arcade GP where the mechanics are slightly different and you have different types of courses:

I think they both make a lot of sense. Looking forward for Mario Kart Tour fit different gameplay, probably using tilting the device to turn. I’ve always kind of liked that style of play.

I just think Dr Mario makes sense on mobile. Honestly I’ve never really played a game that much because I just end up wanting to play something more console like when I’m on a console. However I think I’ll probably play it in my mobile devices quite often,it is just the kind of gameplay that works on mobile.

Most of all, I’m hoping that Mario Kart Tour is leading to Mario Kart 9 (or Smash Kart?) and tying in with that in some way.

Yup… Dr. Mario is perfect for mobile. Puzzle games are addictive on mobile.

Hmm yea, it might even tie in with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe if they have no plans for Mario Kart 9 on Switch. I doubt Mario Kart 9 will ever happen on Switch.

I’ve heard a lot of people say they don’t expect Kart 9 on Switch. Just curious, why do you think that? I forgot they do release it, it would probably be another 2-3 years, or even a late game in the Switch’s life and go on both it and the successor, but if the life of the Switch is 5-7 years, surely they would release one.

Personally, I’m hoping for a Smash Kart. They released too many non-Mario characters to go back to strictly Mario in my opinion. That would give them even more of a reason to release one on Switch too.

Sorry, went off track there, but still related to the mobile game. If they do make it work with Kart 8 I some way, how weird I should that to still get updates for that game? Don’t get me wrong, I looooove that game! In fact so much I played it like crazy, and just really need new tracks, not “just” integration with a mobile game or even a new character or two.

There are no signs of Nintendo having any intention of making new Switch sequels for Wii U games they have ported to Switch (i.e. Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros., Captain Toad, Donkey Kong Country). And Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is selling very well worldwide, so some doubt Nintendo wants to split the user base into two Mario Kart games on Switch, or spend extra moolah for development when they could work on another game or new IP.

Mario Kart tends to be a game which releases early in a system’s lifecycle, so if they bring out Mario Kart 9 later in the lifecycle, it might not do as well as Mario Kart 8 Deluxe did.

Like you I hope we get some DLC for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. The Labo updates they did were cool, but we need new characters and tracks to keep things fresh. I wouldn’t mind shelling money out for it. I’ve no idea how the integration with Mario Kart Tour would work though, if they plan on doing something. I could see them going the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC route more than making a new Mario Kart from scratch.