Bloodstained for Switch

Is anyone else getting Bloodstained for Switch? 30FPS is gonna suck but I would rather buy it on the switch, if it’s really that bad, I’ll just download it on the PS4 and keep the switch version physical.

Everyone always says Symphony of the night is the best, but my favorite Castlevania is Aria of Sorrow. The shard mechanic seems to be identical to the souls from Aria of Sorrow, so this game is basically guaranteed to be great already, not counting the great reviews I’ve heard about the ps4 version.

It really interests me, but with so many great games coming out soon I am gonna give it a miss for now.

I’ve ordered it since it was on Kickstarter.
Waiting for my physical copy to be delivered.

I hope you find it better than what I have heard from reviews of the switch version, I have heard of input lag even in handheld mode.

If it all gets patched and fixed I will pick it up soon as from what I have been watching since my last reply has made me want to play

i got the mail from the Kickstarter team that they are pulling the full team to work on patching the Switch port.
Hopefully they will patch soon.

Thats good to hear, but really it shoud have been done before the game was released

Yeah, after playing it for a few hours. I feel like the gameplay is solid and the framerate’s been decent. My biggest gripe so far turned out to be the visuals. If you’ve ever played Xenoblade 2 handheld, this game looks about as good as XB2 did in handheld mode while docked, so it looks even worse than that when in handheld mode itself. I haven’t gotten too far into the game, they say the performance gets worse as you progress so I haven’t seen many dropped frames. I haven’t felt any input lag either, maybe because I already feel like something’s off with the 30FPS.
The game already went on sale on Steam after only a week, If there’s ever a sale for the ps4 version, I’ll get that version too. For now I’ll stick with the switch version, because I still feel like it’s begrudgingly playable.

I’ve played about 10 hours on switch and I can say it does have some technical problems but the game is fun. They are working on fixing it so I would say wait until that’s out.

New update from Kickstarter newsletter:

Nintendo Switch (Status—fix being tested)

• The fix is currently in test, the submission date we were working toward has been delayed due to a graphical bug that has reemerged.
  • We anticipate testing will be completed by next week, which would mean an ETA of public release during the week of July 15, 2019.

Improvements

Map Improvements

• Map close button has been remapped to standard exit/close button
  • Marker button has been changed
  • Trail display button has been changed
  • Map scroll speed improved
  • Zoom in and zoom out improved
  • Zoom level retained when reopening the map
  • Auto-center when opening the map
  • Bug fix: No longer displaying enemies for completed quests

Fixed items getting stuck on walls/geometry

• The functionality of waiting until the item is collected automatically has been left in, in case the issue persists.

Switch-specific Improvements

• HD Rumble issues in certain areas of the game have been fixed
  • Enabled Traditional Chinese language option
  • Fixed instances where the game would crash while transitioning between rooms
  • Work has been done on the technical “non-visible” side of things to improve input delay, stability, and various optimizations. The teams are continuing to work on these items and we’ll have future updates and plans to share soon.
1 Like

Good to see they are working on fixing it. Shame they didn’t have more time before release to sort it out though